How CODATU achieves this goal ?
- by the promotion of exchanges of information between its members;
- by the organization and the sponsorship of regular seminars, especially international conferences;
- by the coordination of research, studies and experimentation, in particular via technical committees;
- by periodic and occasional publications;
- through training activities in partnership with its members.
CODATU why ?
- because, in most of the countries, the cities concentrate today the majority of the population and a significant part of the national economic development;
- because the mobility conditions are an essential element of the quality of the life, which makes improvement of the urban and suburban transportation a major social and political challenge;
- because the efficiency of a city depends on the efficiency of its markets (goods, labour) which mostly relies on the quality of urban transport;
- because the professional and institutional urban transport field is fragmented and local, and that the actors feel the need for an organized way of exchanging experience;
Who joining us?
CODATU involves all the professionals and individuals working in the field of Urban Transport.
The members are representatives of:
- training, consulting and research institutes;
- local organizations and transport authorities;
- engineering companies, industrials and constructors;
- countries or group of countries organized in regional or national committees;
The national public institutions can also request for membership.